Donald Trump has a master plan to ensure his re-election in 2020. But its more sophisticated than anyone understands.
Trump divides American citizens into two camps: Those who adore him as their leader; or those who should “go back to where they came from” or who should be “locked-up” or even “shot”. Just to be clear, he doesn’t care about the health and welfare of either group, he only cares about what they will do for him. He loves the group will help him stay in power, he hates the one that won’t. He doesn’t yet have the power to deport citizens or lock them up for the mere reason that they don’t worship him – although he’s working towards both those goals. But he does have the power to motivate his angry followers to target them by violent means – and he’s using Twitter to do so on a daily basis. It is clear that in the run-up to the 2020 election, America will suffer unprecedented divisions, hatred, and violence – purposefully stoked by the President.
Trump has more power than any President has ever had – and he is exercising that unprecedented power with increasing frequency and without any restraining forces from his staff of toadies. Its clear that Republicans in the House and Senate will do nothing to confront him. No matter what facts emerge, no matter what it costs in political support, the Republican majority in the Senate will never remove him from office. It is no accident that he has stacked his Cabinet with interim appointees – thus eliminating even the remote possibility of a 25th Amendment-based removal from office. He is secure for the remainder of his current term.
Trump has repeatedly said that he likes the idea of “President for life”. He likes meeting with dictators because he looks up to them in envy as “strong leaders”. He knows that his life will become hell the minute he loses the power of the Presidency, so he is doing all he can to prevent that from ever happening.
The motivation behind the violence and fear that he is intentionally unleashing upon America is to marginalize and weaken his enemies and lead to his re-election in 2020. From there he will have four more years to consolidate power and make his Presidency permanent, or to install his son as his replacement.
As in 2016, Vladimir Putin is doing all he can to help Trump via disinformation. But if it appears that he will lose the election, he has a last minute backup plan. The plan is to use his white nationalist paramilitaries to unleash extreme violence just before the election, then use that as an excuse to suspend Civil Rights, declare Martial Law, suspend the Constitution, and place himself in a permanent position of ultimate power.
Why does Trump think this will work? Because its worked before. Hitler used the burning of the Reichstag (secretly set by his supporters) to take dictatorial powers. Putin used the violence in Chechnya and the 2002 hostage crisis in a Moscow Theater (with the rescue designed to maximize innocent deaths) to take control of the Russian press and erode human rights. Why have Trump and Putin spent so much time together with nobody else present? Vladimir is both teaching and assisting, and Donald is listening. Trump just has to follow the playbook that he has been given.
Using the dictator’s playbook, Trump needs a HUGE and horrible violent act that will allow him to take total power. What might the event be? That’s still his secret, but here are some possibilities:
- Assassinations of one or more prominent political leaders – most likely GOP leaders who are not completely Trump-subservient, or who are at risk of losing in 2020 and thereby making themselves expendable. A prime assassination candidate is Mike Pence – he clearly poses a risk to the President just by being alive.
- Major bombings of public institutions while they are in use so as to create plenty of casualties. If the Supreme Court doesn’t stay in line, it would be a potential target, and so would anti-Trump state governmental centers. Albany and Sacramento would be prime candidates.
- Major bombings or mass killings at large scale political events-assuming they are held. Targeting rallies in the last few weeks of the election would be the plan – but Covid may not allow for such gatherings.
- Major bombings or mass killings at one or more large sporting event or school. The timing would be perfect for an organized mass killing at an NFL game just 10 days before the election.
- It could be two or more of these – all the better to spread panic and fear.
Do you think that Trump can’t do all of this?
He can. He has a virtual army of armed and motivated followers, just awaiting a signal.
Do you think he won’t?
He will. He will do anything to stay in power.
If we value our freedom, if we value this country, we must fight Donald Trump with every power we have. Only by our sheer numbers and will can we restore our Democracy. Our very future as a free country is at stake.